It’s that time of year again! The leaves are starting to fall, I’m sneezing up a storm and it’s freezing in the morning, yet boiling in the afternoon. Fall is my favorite season. However, Halloween has never been my cup of tea until we had a little one. Now I just can’t resist putting him in ridiculous costumes and dressing up right along with him. So this post is all about creating a super easy DIY bee costume for your toddlers.
This year my little guy is obsessed with bugs of any kind, but particularly loves bumblebees. I’m all about making my own costumes, but they need to be super easy and fast to make. This bee costume ticks all those boxes and is inexpensive to boot!
Without further ado, here’s what you’ll need to make your bee costume.
DIY Bee Costume for Toddlers
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Black long sleeved shirt (I used this one)
Child sized wings (I got mine from the Dollar Tree)
2 black pipe cleaners
2 yellow 1 inch pom poms
1-2 pieces of 12″ x 18″ yellow felt (depending on how large your child is)
Hot glue gun and glue
Needle and yellow or white thread (or for no sewing use fabric glue)
Instructions for shirt:
- Cut 1.5 inch wide strips of yellow felt to the width of your t-shirt. I used 4 strips to cover a size 2T shirt.
- Either sew or glue on the strips of yellow felt to the shirt with desired amount of space between each stripe. If sewing, use light colored thread that will not stand out from the yellow.
Instructions for headband:
- Wrap end of pipe cleaners around the headband to secure and create two antennae.
- Wind the pipe cleaners around a pencil to create a swirled look.
- Use hot glue gun to glue pom poms onto the end of each pipe cleaner
You’re done crafting! Now all you have to do is dress up your little one and add the wings. I think the results are pretty cute.
Check out this link for how to make a beekeeper costume for yourself!
Please comment below with your suggestions on how to make this costume even easier!